Basmati Rice Pilaf with Dried Apricots and Almonds
Basmati rice is already full of flavor and this gets even more complimented by the ingredients added. This recipe makes a lovely side dish to serve for example with curries.
The nuttiness of the almonds, the sweetness of the dried apricots and saltiness of the caramelized onions really take it to the next level!
- Basmati rice
- Dried apricots
- (Roasted) almonds
- Fresh herbs (e.g. mint, cilantro, oregano)
- Plant based butter
- Lime/lemon (optional)
- Caramelize the onions with plant based butter and add some salt
- Cook the basmati rice according to the directions on the packaging
- Chop the almonds, herbs and dried apricots
- Mix everything together
- Squeeze a little but of lime on top (optional)