The many health benefits of Goji Berries + TIPS!
People from Asia have been using Goji berries for more than 2,000 years as a medical herb and food supplement. They say it restores the chi in the body. And they know what they are talking about... because goji berries have major health benefits which are backed by modern science!
The health benefits of goji berries:
- Protects the eyes - UV light can damage our eyes, so this benefit is perfect for us living on Curaçao.
- Boost immune system - The antioxidants help fight harmful free radicals and inflammation
- Promotes healthy skin - The Beta-carotene in goji berries is known for its ability to promote healthy skin and is even used in skin care.
- Improves mood, blood pressure and anxiety like feelings
- Prevents liver damage
- Maintain blood sugar
Some tips from Nut House to help you get these healthy goji berries in to your diet:
- Goji berry ginger ‘tea’
Slice some fresh ginger and put it in a glass or a tea pot together with +/- 30 grams of goji berries and boiling water.
Let it steep for 10 - 60 minutes depending on the on the flavor of your preference.
- Eat them for breakfast!
Is your favorite breakfast oats? Or do you like to eat coconut yoghurt? Goji berries are a perfect topping for both! Or add them to your granola. Great way to start the day.
- Add it in to your favorite smoothie, juice or shake to make it an antioxidant version!
- Spicy goji berry soup recipe